Massage Therapy Canby
Medical Massage, Orthopedic Bodywork for Pain Relief
Massage Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage Bodywork provides incredible lasting relief from physical pain. Sessions include assessment of the body to isolate the underlying cause of pain and to dissolve stress that can make pain worse by aligning the body with gravity. Clients report freedom in flexibility and continued decrease of pain with a shorter recovery period, unlike anything they have previously experienced.
We Treat These Symptoms:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Pelvic Balancing
- Leg Length Discrepancies
- Golfers Elbow
- Neck Cricks
- Low Back Pain
- Increased Range of Motion
Orthopedic Medical Massage Bodywork is a holistic discipline that looks at and integrates the entire person. When people produce stress they tend to carry it physically in the body. Every part of the body is effected by stress. Including the muscles, joints, tissues, organs, and cells. This, in turn, affects how we feel.
People come to us for outcome-oriented, results based bodywork. We align the body with gravity and dissolve emotional stress that can make the pain worse. After a few sessions they feel tremendous freedom, the pain is gone and they have their life back on track.
Tapping Therapy Services
Tapping Therapy sessions use processes that provide exceptional results from physical pain to emotional distress. Quickly and efficiently clear dysfunctional patterns, release unwanted feelings, rewiring limiting programs, thoughts, and beliefs that lead to relationship problems, health issues, and financial stress. Gain personal freedom, control, confidence, and peace of mind even after one session. Save years of time, energy, and resources by ending the struggle with your subconscious limitations. We offer our Tapping Therapy services in person and online wherever you are!
Are you struggling with depression? We get excellent results with clients suffering from depression without drugs or side effects. Tapping Therapy for depression change your blues.
Among the most effective therapy for childhood and adult trauma, and PTSD is Tapping Therapy. Trauma quickly ends with this proven treatment method. There is no reason to continue suffering.
Don't just manage stress, control stress. Stress kills more people than cancer or heart disease. Expose the silent killer and enjoy a healthy life of freedom. Enjoy tremendous freedom from Stress.
Taking Pain Away Without Surgery and Drugs
We work with the whole body to get a total release around inflamed, pinched, painful, or damaged joints and tissues. We are restoring tight, restricted tissues back to their natural, normal resting lengths. This includes both muscles and fascia to bring them back to their normal resting positions while balancing out fascia and muscles, aligning bones, and loosening and flushing tightly congested areas. Therefore, restoring tone to overstretched neurologically inhibited tissues to establish balance from back to front, on both the left and right sides, as needed. Furthermore, we break up and smooth out any related “tissue texture abnormalities.” We release bumps, knots, fibrotic tissues, and work to normalize them until we have smooth, soft, and supple tissue responding with fresh blood supply and clear nerve pathways working. Therefore, with tissues restored and balanced, the body becomes more flexible and resilient and can return to normal healthy tissues again.
Is Orthopedic Bodywork For You?
This isn’t just a regular massage that you would go to for the good “experience.” This kind of massage work feels great most of the time, but the intent is different. While we know how to do full-body massage therapy, it’s holistic. We look at the entire body, not just parts like sore muscles and where the pain is, but we look at ligaments, tendons, fascia, bones, joints, fluid, tissue textures, a balance between parts, and so forth. It’s outcome-oriented and results-based. People come here to get the best results, not just for the experience.
Let’s face it; being touched can feel great especially when your therapist knows how to touch you better than you’ve ever been touched before. But, sometimes, massage doesn’t feel so good, especially when there are inflamed, damaged, or painful tissues involved. So, sometimes it can be painful. However, with a skilled therapist with developed skills in touch, we can work with the tissue instead of against it with force. It all has to do with how your massage therapist works with the central nervous system, both emotionally (with tapping therapy) and physically.
- Working Only Muscles = Not Enough (typical massage)
- Working Only Bones = Not Enough (typical Chiropractic)
- Working Muscles and Bones = Enough! (Total Integrated Therapy)
Pick up the phone and call to make an appointment. See the address below for directions.
Creating Options for Movement, Freedom From Pain, and Impoved Function
- Quickly Neutralize imbalances, correcting posture, boosting energy and function.
- Solve the underlying patterns of structural pain that often get overlooked, so you get faster and better results.
- Resolve the source of vertebral misalignment in the spine, which brings about a healthy spine and healthy functional and mobile body.
- The most common back and spine problems are frequently easily resolved.
- Structural facet joint dysfunction occurs when joints lose mobility. We unlock fixated joints by releasing the tissues locking the joints.
- Find and releasing abnormal tension patterns and correct them.
- Address fibrosis on multiple levels so they don’t cause compensations and seemingly unrelated problems in other areas of the body.
- Quickly fix neck cricks in minutes without painful “cracking” of the neck.
- Confidently and safely treat whiplash with advanced medical massage for a fast recovery.
- Treat the most typical and dysfunctional cervical conditions.
- Treat and resolve stenosis and bone spurs in many cases.
- Stop pain-spasm-pain cycles in their tracks to reduce inflammation, soreness, and irritation.
- We integrate the body parts and create new options for movement in the body.
Instant Access to "7 Secrets For Back Pain Relief!"
A FREE step-by-step video for lasting Back Pain Relief.
See What Our Clients Say
We restore tight, restricted tissues back to their natural normal resting lengths.
With tissues restored and balanced, the body becomes more flexible and resilient and can return to healthy normal tissues again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask The Expert
What’s the difference between conventional massage Therapy and orthopedic Bodywork, Sports Massage or medical Message?
The chief difference is flexibility, education, and experience on the practitioner’s part and the lasting results our clients get. The other main differentiation is that medical massage is goal or outcome-oriented. We look for the cause of discomfort. For instance, if someone has debilitating neck pain, the goal would be to figure out what is causing the pain and then address it. We want to get rid of the pain in the neck so it doesn’t return. Sometimes it requires a change of habits in what you may be doing as well. We do a lot of the same techniques in many diverse ways to produce results. It’s also a combination of knowledge, understanding with extensive experience where the typical massage requires less experience, understanding, knowledge, and training. This is the “Rolls Royce” of massage therapy.
How frequently should I get massaged?
It depends on the circumstance. If someone is needing quicker results for injury relief or chronic pain, we recommend consistent therapy for best results. On average, under “normal” circumstances, approximately 30% use their massage therapist once a week, 49% once or twice a month, and 21% come in as desired. If someone is in constant pain, we can work more often up to three times a week, given the situation, however with an acute injury; we require at least three days of icing to allow for inflammation and swelling to subside.
What are the advantages of Massage Therapy?
Below are some of the benefits of massage therapy:
- Accident and injury prevention
- Increasing the body’s envelope of range of motion
- Reducing stress, tension, and fatigue
- Increase relaxation
- Correct posture (because muscles tug on bones)
- Correct muscle imbalances
- Correct destructive gravitational loads on the body
- Increasing flexibility and range of motion
- Promotes expansion of the rib cage and breathing
- Works out abnormal restrictive tissues
- Speeds up healing and recovery from surgery or injury
- Enhances circulation and fluid flow
- Lowers blood pressure
- Relaxes muscles
Who should get massage Therapy?
- People who desire to feel as good as they can experience massage therapy on a regular basis.
- Maybe you want to develop your physical performance.
- Others are baffled with nagging pain they can’t get rid of and require help.
- Massage is excellent for those just wanting to relax or enjoy being treated better than they have ever experienced before.
- Massage Therapy can be very advantageous after a medical procedure or surgery to speed recovery.
- To feel better, be healthier, move better, gain a greater range of motion, stimulate lymph, improve the immune system, and detox.
- If you need a trustworthy way to enjoy quality touch.
- If you are looking for a high-quality massage therapist.
- If you’ve attempted other things and still haven’t noticed the outcomes you want.
How will I respond after the massage or bodywork session?
Sometimes people get uncomfortable after a massage. This is not due to damage when done correctly. Soreness is typically a biochemical response to moving about metabolic products and clearing away stagnant pockets of fluid in the tissues like lactic acid, among many others. These biochemicals can annoy receptors and prompt soreness. Massage arouses the healing and recovery process that happens after the massage, which generally occurs the day after therapy. Icing an area that has had deep treatment will decrease most inflammation and begin the healing and recovery phase and make any discomfort less noticeable.
Are their contraindications to doing massage?
- A severe flare-up of inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Local infectious or hypersensitive skin conditions
- Open sores or cuts
- Recent operation
- New burns
What if I’m pregnant?
We do outstanding work with pregnant women. Lessen stretch marks, take the pressure off back, and hips. Massage therapy will help get the body primed for an easy natural delivery.
What should I anticipate during my first massage therapy visit?
Sessions involve an assessment to determine what is producing your pain. It is suggested to dress in loose clothing for the assessment. The focus is then on restoring equilibrium, relaxing the body, and softening fixed restricted tissues to restore them back to their natural healthy resting lengths.
How long do massage sessions last?
The initial session is usually 90 minutes and involves a thorough assessment, intake, and massage therapy.
Normal sessions are typically 90-120 minutes but may vary from 2 to 4 hours depending on your goals.
Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes, though, sometimes we can accommodate walk-ins.
What is the cancellation policy?
Please inform us 24 hours prior to sessions, if you are unable to attend and want to reschedule.
Do you take insurance?
No. But you can submit your claim to your insurance provider for payment.
How much do medical massages cost?
The first appointment is 90 minutes and is $180.00 It includes assessment and intake. After that, it’s only $100 an hour.
What is a licensed massage therapist?
A licensed massage therapist has completed minimum requirements to practice and has paid fees to legally practice massage in your area. The education required to be licensed in Oregon is 500 hours. Our accredited lead therapist, Dave Ryder, has over 5,000 hours of advanced training and is a nationally approved and certified instructor for Physical Therapists, LMT’s, Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Health Professionals, and doctors.
Am I required to tip my massage therapist?
Tips are never expected but always appreciated. We love what we do and your tip may reflect your appreciation for our service.
Do you take group bookings?
Certainly, we love to work with couples! Reservation is needed.
Are results lasting?
Yes! It depends on everyday activity, overuse, under-use, or plain old abuse. Many pain syndromes can be mitigated in a few sessions. For instance with neck pain, shoulder pain, hip, upper and lower back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, strains, nerve impingement, multiple crush syndromes, headaches, scar tissue, migraines, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, TMJ, etc, these are symptoms we’ve had tremendous success with. Sometimes permanent results require changing movement habits. We can show you precisely what modifications you need to make.