iet experiment: Try avoiding dairy, and reducing sugar as much as possible for a week and see if you notice a big difference. Many people have a reaction to dairy and don’t know it until they eliminate it from their diet for a week or two. Dairy and sugar can make pain much worse. The next time you have a headache, eat a candy bar and notice which way the pain goes, up or down.
Try a combination of magnesium, Formula 303, and turmeric. There you have a natural muscle relaxer, pain reliever, and an anti-inflammation to support your body in recovering quicker.
- Get a standard magnesium supplement to stop spasams, cramps, and painful muscle guarding from your local grocery store, it’s inexpensive and you don’t need to pay more. WARNING: Avoid taking too much magnesium, as it will cause loose bowels.
- Get Formula 303 from the manufacturer HERE, it’s a very effective muscle relaxer and pain reliever, with no side effects and that won’t cause problems with any other perscriptions or medications. One of the main ingredients is super absorbable Valerian root.
- Turmeric is one my favorites for reducing inflammation fast and is very effective, but it has to be in the right form; I recommend Gaia extra-strength, HERE. I’ve tried many brands, and this one has been the most effective for reducing inflammation. With accute pain or injury, I take 2 capsules 3x/day for three days. Then 2/day for a week.
This combination is great for the dietary needs of a quick recovery.
NOTE: Get your doctor’s permission first, and REMEMBER, if you are suffering from chronic stress, or even worse if you’ve conditioned yourself that it is normal to live with huge amounts of stress (and we ALL have been conditioned to live with immense stress), your body will literally have fewer receptor sites for vitamins and nutrients and you may not even absorb them into your body.
If you don’t get results from this combination, you don’t need to continue. As the body recovers from chronic stress, the cells change physically and the receptors that receive vitamins and nutrients come back.
It doesn’t matter what the quality of supplements you are taking if you don’t have the receptors, you simply aren’t going to be able to absorb them in the body for healing.
Don’t waste your money, get the emotional healing you need and try again later. You may not even need them later unless you just like to have expensive urine.
Healthy Homemade gluten-free & dairy-free energy bars are an easy, no-bake, nutritious and economical alternative to commercial energy bars. Best of all, you can substitute your favorite dried fruits, nut butters, nuts or seeds and sweeteners to create your own personalized energy bar. Pack gluten-free energy bars in lunch and travel bags for a healthy, away-from-home gluten-free snack.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
• 3/4 cup nut butter (almond OR cashew OR peanut OR sunflower butter)
• 3/4 cup sweetener syrup (honey OR GF brown rice syrup OR good quality Agave nectar)
• 1 1/2 cups roasted raw nuts and / or seeds (almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds- use your favorites in any combination)
• 1 cup unsulfured dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, blueberries, apricots, pineapple, raisins- use your favorite dried fruits in any combination)
• 4 cups gluten-free rice crispie cereal
• 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
Place nuts and / or roasted seeds and dried fruit in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times, just until the mixture is coarsely ground.
In a large saucepan melt nut butter with liquid sweetener over medium low heat. Stir and watch carefully to prevent scorching. When the mixture is smooth and bubbling cook for about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add salt and vanilla and stir to combine. Use a large spatula to stir in nuts, dried fruit and cereal. Stir until all ingredients are coated with nut butter mixture.
Scrape mixture on to the prepared baking sheet. Use the spatula to evenly spread the mixture on the pan. Place a large piece of waxed paper over the mixture and use a rolling pin to smooth the top of the mixture. Cover with the waxed paper and refrigerate for about 2 hours before cutting the energy bars into whatever sizes you prefer.
Wrap bars in waxed paper and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Makes- About 16 -32 bars depending on how they are cut. I made 16 large bars by cutting the mixture in half lengthwise and then cutting each half into 8 pieces, about 1 1/2 inches wide.